Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lisandro Meza and La Murga (de Panama)



You know you can't say no to that face.

Sorry about the missed post, and about the short length of today's post, things have gotten very busy lately, and I haven't had much time to find or listen to music. Things should be fully back on track soon.

Since I have to be rather brief tonight, I thought I would share with you one of the catchiest dance numbers I've heard lately. "La Murga (De Panama)" was originally released in 1971 by Willie Colon, a Nuyorican (that's New York + Puerto Rican) salsa musician, and has been covered countless times. My personal favorite cover was done by Lisandro Meza, a famous Cumbia musician. His version speeds up the song significantly, replaces the trombone riff with accordion, and adds some cowbell. The original is pretty damn good as well, but just doesn't move your feet quite like the Meza version does.

La Murga (de Panama) - Lisandro Meza

La Murga (de Panama) - Willie Colon

Click a label for related posts.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: