Saturday, January 23, 2010

New Freelance Whales track!


(image via WOXY)

New track from Freelance Whales, purveyors of the most beautiful folktronica around today. It's called "Rise & Shine", and it's much more acoustic than the material on Weathervanes, no synths that I was able to detect. It has a great get-up-and-go feel to it, and I can definitely foresee waking up to this song for the next couple of days. It's not quite as jaw-droppingly beautiful as some of the songs on Weathervanes, but well worth your listen. The song was recorded live on Austin radio station WOXY. They also played 4 songs from Weathervanes, including "Generator ^ 2nd Floor", one of my top tracks of 2009, so be sure to check it out.
Rise & Shine (Live at WOXY) - Freelance Whales


And by the way, I have a review of Transference, the new Spoon album, coming pretty soon. I really like it, I'm just trying to decide exactly what it is I like about it.
Click a label for related posts.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: