Monday, January 4, 2010

One week until Contra, two weeks until Transference



There are some great Tuesdays coming up. Next Tuesday, 1/12, we get the release of Vampire Weekends sophomore album, Contra! (XL Recordings) As an extra treat, the band is already streaming the entire album on their Myspace. I haven't listened to it yet, since I don't want to hear the album until I can have it. However, I have heard "Cousins", "Horchata", and "White Sky", and I've definitely liked all of them, so I'm expecting good things.
Horchata - Vampire Weekend
White Sky - Vampire Weekend
Where to pre-order:
Itunes
Amazon MP3
CD or Vinyl


As if that wasn't enough, the Tuesday after that (1/19) brings us the new Spoon album, Transference!! (Merge Records) Spoon has a very special place in my heart, as they, more than any other band, are responsible for bringing me out of my classic rock shell. They showed me that there is good contemporary music, and it's called indie, so I've got a lot to thank them for. That, combined with the fact that Spoon is unfailingly excellent has me very excited for Transference. Even further, 2009's "Got Nuffin-EP" was amazing, and I noticed that "Got Nuffin" has shown up on the album. There's another track from the album bouncing around the internets, called "Written In Reverse". I gave it a listen, and I'm not terribly intrigued by it, but I'm not letting that dampen my expectations of the album as a whole. I'm very psyched.
Written in Reverse - Spoon
Got Nuffin' - Spoon
Where to pre-order:
Itunes
CD or Vinyl
Nothing on Amazon MP3

No comments: